Saturday, November 12, 2011

I Am Set Free

(Written in the 80's, a song)

There was a time, Lord, when I just couldn't feel,

But even then, Lord, I knew that you are real!

But I'd hardened my heart, and I just wouldn't heal.

There was a time, Lord, I ran under your trees,

Those tall snake grasses tickled the backs of my knees,

And I picked your blossoms,

And I talked to your bees.

You've brought me back, Lord,

Back to where I can see,

And now I feel, Lord, 

The love you have for me!

You've softened my heart,

And I am set free...I am set free!


Life hands us all sorrows, disappointments, and loss.  Whenever I feel life is doing its best to harden my heart, I try to remember myself as a child, running through the orchard, full of energy, hope, and joy.

So many days I spent with the Lord, instinctively feeling His love and His beauty.  So many nights I snuggled into my pillow with the knowledge that I was loved, anticipating the morning to come.  May we all call on the child in ourselves as we turn to the Lord for comfort and guidance.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment